Keyboards are of great use, either you use it for your gaming or for typing, it is something without which your PC is not complete.
I have already discussed about mechanical and membrane keyboards and how they are different from each other. But, even if you have an expensive mechanical gaming keyboard without a proper calibration, you could not be able to perform better.
Sometimes you customize your keyboard but something goes wrong and you end up with a terrible keys customization.
So, if you have already customized your keyboard and want to go back to the default setting then this helping guide is just for you. Both, of the keyboards either mechanical or membrane can go erratic, so use this helping guide to bring them back to the default.
How to change the keyboard setting?
Changing the keyboard settings is an easy process but requires a certain step to follow. Either you are using it on Windows 10 or on Mac, you need to reset it for the particular system being used on.
This article will take you to complete guide for resetting keyboard on Windows 10 and Mac.
How to reset keyboard setting on Windows 10?
- Press Windows + R, to open the RUN.
- Type Control Panel and press Enter. The Control Panel page will open.
Now, Click on the Hardware and Sound option.
Go to Devices and printers, you would see the Device Manager option in the right hand side.
Click on Device Manager.
Now go to Keyboards and click on the “ >” to expand the keyboards.
Now, select the keyboard you want to reset.
The device manager option will open. Click on the “Red X” button. This will uninstall the device.
You will see a confirmation window, click on uninstall.
Now, that you have uninstalled the keyboard, you have to scan for hardware changes. Just click on the computer with magnifying glass icon.
Again select the keyboard name and click on update device driver icon.
The pop up will open, here select the Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
Let the driver install and after the installation close the pop up.
Now, restart the computer and check the keyboard. Your keyboard is now reset to the defaults.
How to change keyboard language on Windows 10?
There are times when all the setting on your keyboard work properly but the language gets changed somehow. This could be due a bug but it can be fixed within minutes.
Let’s get to know, how to change the keyboard language quickly.
Click on Windows + I button on the keyboard. It will open the Settings.
Now, click on the Devices and search for Typing option on the left hand side.
Scroll to the bottom of the page, you will get the Advanced keyboard setting below the More Keyboard Setting Option.
Now, select the recommended language list or the language you want to use for your keyboard.
How to reset keyboard setting on Mac?
If you are using a Mac and want to reset the keyboard to the default setting, go through the below step by step process.
- Click on the Apple icon on the upper left corner and choose the option System Preferences.
- Click on Keyboard > Modifier keys (bottom right corner)
- Select Restore Defaults and click on OK.
- If you want to remove a keyboard, then click onthe Text tab and select the keyboard you want to remove.
- Click on “-“ icon to remove the keyboard shortcut.
- Now, go to the Shortcut tab and click on restore defaults to rest them to default settings.
- Restart your Mac and ensure your keyboard is reset properly.
How to change keyboard language in Mac?
Sometimes just resetting the keyboard language fixes a lot of issues. Here’s how you can do it.
- Click on the Apple icon on the left upper corner.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Now, select language and region.
- Select the language you want to have. Click on minus “-“ icon to remove any language.
- Restart your Mac and ensure the language is changed.
Hard reset keyboard
If you are having problems with your keyboard lightings or function key not working, you may need to go for a hard reset if a soft reset doesn’t fix the problem.
However, different brands have different ways to hard reset the keyboard but most of the keyboards can be hard reset by using the below steps.
Note—Check your keyboard brand website for hard reset process.
- Unplug your keyboard from your computer and wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Now, press the ESC key and plug it again to the computer.
- Hold the ESC key until you see your keyboard flashing.
If you have followed our guide and sill having issues with your keyboard, then please let us know through the comment section below.
We will be happy to help you out with the problem you are facing. Looking for a new keyboard! Check the best gaming keyboard in the market available for you at competitive price.
Modders have always thrived on making the gaming experience better for a plethora of games, and you will also be able to find mods for the famous Battletech game. You get a lot of cool stuff...
Bluestacks provides a compelling platform for all the gaming enthusiasts to play their favorite Android games on PC. Still, unfortunately, it has one drawback, and that is, it gets stuck in...